6U is one of the most important divisions in Lacrosse because it is where kids learn the fundamentals of the game of Box Lacrosse. Kids learn to have fun while they are introduced to skills, the basic rules, and are taught about fair play as well as being physically active.
6U is for kids aged 4, 5, and 6 years old.
6U is played with some rule adjustments to help introduce the kids to skill, the basic rules, and to help them learn the fundamentals of the game.
The kids play cross-floor with no goalies
Shoot on a 4 ft x 3 ft net
No body or stick to body contact, only stick to stick contact
The coaches stop play and explain the whistles
Try and have 2- 15 min. skill training sessions and 2-15 min. game sessions and run
equal participation 3 minute shifts during game play.
No score is kept and the coaches manage the games with no players sent to the penalty box. Kids will have 2-1hr. sessions each week (eg: Tues.- Thurs.)!
- Helmet : All helmets MUST be CSA approved for ice hockey. The helmets must have a chin strap and cannot be altered from their original state.
- Face Mask: The mask must be CSA approved for ice hockey or a NOCSAE approved Calcoat mask. Model#411sr or #414Jr. All masks MUST be approved for helmet model that it is mounted on.
- Mouth Guard: Mandatory
- Shoulder Pads: One piece pad made of flexible durable material when fit properly offers protection for upper body and shoulders.
- Arm Pads/Slash Guards: Light weight, hard plastic that offers protection for the whole arm, while allowing full range of motion of the arm at the elbow.
- Back & Kidney Pads : A one piece light weight plastic pad which offers protection for the back and kidney area.
- Gloves: Box lacrosse gloves offer excellent protection and flexibility.
- Short cuff hockey gloves can be used, but they donâ€˜t offer the same grip or flexibility.
- Lacrosse Stick: Stick Length PeeWee and down: 34"-46", Bantam +: 40"-46"
- Athletic Support and Cup: Jock or Jill