16U is the age group for players that are 15 and 16 years old.
At the 16U level, any player can try out for "A" level teams as well as attend the Team Alberta tryouts, and we encourage all players to challenge their abilities and do so.
For a number of players, 16U is the pinnacle of their minor league experience as they have progressed from the first days of 6U or 8U. 16U players can also be given the opportunity to play up as an affiliate with the High River Junior team. Just like 12U and 14U, 16U is also tiered into "A", "B" and "C" divisions.
- Helmet : All helmets MUST be CSA approved for ice hockey. The helmets must have a chin strap and cannot be altered from their original state.
- Face Mask: The mask must be CSA approved for ice hockey or a NOCSAE approved Calcoat mask. Model#411sr or #414Jr. All masks MUST be approved for helmet model that it is mounted on.
- Mouth Guard: Mandatory
- Shoulder Pads: One piece pad made of flexible durable material when fit properly offers protection for upper body and shoulders.
- Arm Pads/Slash Guards: Light weight, hard plastic that offers protection for the whole arm, while allowing full range of motion of the arm at the elbow.
- Back & Kidney Pads : A one piece light weight plastic pad which offers protection for the back and kidney area.
- Gloves: Box lacrosse gloves offer excellent protection and flexibility.
- Short cuff hockey gloves can be used, but they donâ€˜t offer the same grip or flexibility.
- Lacrosse Stick: Stick Length PeeWee and down: 34"-46", Bantam +: 40"-46"
- Athletic Support and Cup: Jock or Jill